Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simplify!




My goal for the rest of this month? Simplify!

Why? In order to cut the stress along with the clutter! To spend less time looking for things I've misplaced and more time doing things that matter, like spending time with my precious family and serving others!

Americans have so much STUFF! Women pride themselves on how many pairs of shoes they have, men on how many cars, kids on how many toys... I'm beginning to realize that the "stuff" is oftentimes what makes our lives crazier and more stressed out! In my last post I talked about how I think God may be trying to teach me valuable lessons about the difference between "need" and "want" and the joy of contentment. Maybe this is another lesson...that too much stuff can cause stress and get in the way of what is really important.

My first project is to simplify my wardrobe. I have SO much clothing, it is ridiculous! The worst part is that I probably wear 1/4 or less of what I own! It is time to do some serious evaluating of my clothing!

I plan, first of all, to get rid of things that I simply never wear! After that, I am wanting to try to organize my clothes around a color scheme in order to ensure that everything I own (clothes, jewelry, accessories) can be used in some way. If I can't use it, it has to go!

I have gleaned some valuable "simplifying" tips from Lindsay at Passionate Homemaking and I am excited to try simplifying other areas of our home in the near future.

Stay tuned for a detailed description of my wardrobe-simplifying adventure!!! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the wardrobe simplifying, I have a lot of that to do myself in the very near future. We'll have to compare notes :)

    ReplyDelete